Whew. The last two weeks have probably been the hardest weeks of my life. I have been learning every second of the day. I have felt that everyone is watching every move I make in the classroom ( and they are!). Students, APs, principals, teachers, my advisors...yeessh. I found myself becoming nervous and unnatural with my students. Not good. But, I will be back on top of my game after the break. I can't wait to see the family and friends back home. I'm also excited about not having to wake up at 6 AM! So tomorrow I will embark on the adventure that is Christmas shopping. I was hoping to get away not doing any, but I even have to get something for my super. Crazy city living. I really need to get on top of the job hunt and get hired. I also need to figure out how to make a few friends in Bay Ridge. No one ever wants to come down here, and it would be nice to just have someone in my neighborhood to hang out with after work, or watch TV. Although, tomorrow I will relinquish my cable box, and thus my remote control. Netflix here I come!
Friday, December 21, 2007
Vacation Time
Whew. The last two weeks have probably been the hardest weeks of my life. I have been learning every second of the day. I have felt that everyone is watching every move I make in the classroom ( and they are!). Students, APs, principals, teachers, my advisors...yeessh. I found myself becoming nervous and unnatural with my students. Not good. But, I will be back on top of my game after the break. I can't wait to see the family and friends back home. I'm also excited about not having to wake up at 6 AM! So tomorrow I will embark on the adventure that is Christmas shopping. I was hoping to get away not doing any, but I even have to get something for my super. Crazy city living. I really need to get on top of the job hunt and get hired. I also need to figure out how to make a few friends in Bay Ridge. No one ever wants to come down here, and it would be nice to just have someone in my neighborhood to hang out with after work, or watch TV. Although, tomorrow I will relinquish my cable box, and thus my remote control. Netflix here I come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment