Saturday, December 15, 2007

Proud to be an American!

I decided that if I am going to survive my arduous schedule, I better eat well. And good eating is what is up! I made myself some mashed taters with scallions, a little tomato onion salad with olive oil, and a couple of sandwiches with some sprats (Russian version of sardines). Delice!!! And then I thought to myself, "Dang fool, you are Russian!!!" Ish was awesome! I feel so adult making deliciousness. I recall the whole cucumbers and random beef onion meatball/patty sandwiches my mother would pack for my grade school lunches. Each afternoon, I would open my lunch cautiously, dreading the potentially embarrassing and completely non-tradeable contents inside. Today, I am grateful for the exposure to a wide variety of foods and tastes that my mother provided. She cooked meals for my entire family from a secret resource of energy that I find myself lacking. Whenever I prepare something for myself, I will post here, and think fondly of my mother and her superior culinary skills.



No comments: