Monday, December 10, 2007

Room with a View

Hello NY! Well Bay Ridge to be exact, which, according to New Yorkers, is the end of the world. But if this is where land meets sky, I like it here. Moving has been intense, and at times stressful. But now it seems that the dust has settled, although my Swiffer Vac is doing an excellent job of dust prevention, life is beautiful and I have a chance to post some updates. I have yet to adjust to East Coast time and that will probably be killing me for this first week when I must show up to work at 8 AM sharp. The good news is that once I am done with training, and become a real teacher, 8 AM also means done by 3. There is something definitely awesome about that prospect, and the idea that someday I will have my own class to mold. But the next two years are Master's time, which means I do not exist to the world on weekdays.
My aunt Larissa said something awesome, she said, "Every time you start to feel bad, just look outside of your window. This is why you are here. This is all yours." And she is right, I look out onto the Verrazano Bridge (which actually leads to Staten Island, but go with the thought here) and I have a fire escape, and my own view. There is a whole world of people out there, and as long as I rememeber the moment I realized I was meant to do this, everything will be o.k. Better than o.k. - great.




















3 comments:

Right in Bay Ridge said...

Welcome to Bay Ridge!

Please feel free to check out the "Right in Bay Ridge" blog and our links for an intro to the neighborhood.

Catherine said...

Welcome to the East Coast!

Pov said...

Thanks for the warm welcomes! It is great to be here.