Thursday, April 3, 2008

Growing up


It has been three months since I last posted. Looking back at my previous entry, I realize how little did I know the depths of despair, depression, anxiety and confusion I could endure. There is nothing to say that the sadness is over, but I am amazed at the things I have learned about myself on this crazy journey, and the immense respect I have gained for my friends and family. I believe that the worst is behind me, and that I will be able to survive until the end of this semester. Beyond that, and even until then, I must take it one day at a time with full acceptance of the fact that I have no idea what the future holds for me. In many ways this is an exciting time of life. Yet, the unknown is frightening and intimidating. All that I do know is that I have the greatest net of people supporting me if I were to ever fall, and that I have committed myself to fun (more to come on this topic). I will laugh or die.....but hopefully just laugh. Also, I have realized, and been humbled by the realization, that I am wrong about everything more often than I am right. Live and learn.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

It's good to be wrong. :)